Consumer Directions, Inc. (CDI) offers an unlicensed, self-directed Semi-Independent Living Services (SILS) program option that supports people in ways that enable them to achieve personally desired outcomes and lead self-directed lives with the freedom of choice to have people they know and trust support them in living successfully in the community.
Consumer Directions helps individuals hire the supports they need and self-direct their services allowing them to be empowered and independent.
After all, who can support individuals better than a trusted circle of Friends, Family, and Neighbors?
What is an Unlicensed SILS Option?
- CDI can be set up as a vendor; under our host county contract.
- SILS recipient and/or rep identify SILS workers. CDI completes new hire paperwork, background screening, training, and processes payroll.
- An easy-to-use Job Description template will be completed to identify hours, rate of pay, and job tasks.
- The county will determine if SILS workers are qualified, capable of carrying out job tasks and are identified as a friend, neighbor or family.
- SILS Workers are paid a highly competitive rate and will complete a standard, non-narrative timesheet.
- The county will authorize the hours of service. The rate for unlicensed SILS is set at a rate that is approximately 33% less than traditional SILS rates.
- There is not a traditional service plan with goals, although goals/outcomes can be customized into the Job Description. County will monitor outcomes at on-site meetings.
- CDI can also handle the financial management for individuals utilizing the one-time housing allowance.